Saturday, April 13, 2013

Waiting For Bananas To Ripen


Now that I don't eat bananas (too high in carbs), I don't have a regular supply of over ripened ones to make into banana bread for G.  So I had to buy regular all yellow ones and they are taking forever to go all brown and spotted.  Like these.  Our daughter bought him sugar cookies at the European Bakery and she asked for the ones with the most sprinkles.  So dessert tonight and tomorrow is covered.

Today I went over to our daughter's house with G to "supervise" the removal and replacement of the kitchen countertop and the sink installation.  It took all day.  He's still there with our daughter.  She will call if things get testy.  And I will go back.  He is doing a few cosmetic things.  The two of them are so alike that they rub each other all wrong.  They are happiest with me standing between them.

I was going to say something about work.  But all I can say is "sigh".  The new hires are starting to have personalities and I am starting to like them.  I remember how hard it was for me to break into the "clique " my first Spring.  I thought they all hated me.  And what it actually was --that they (now, me) try not to get too involved until we see if the newcomers last. If they stay.

It snowed yesterday or more like sleet.  April is the hardest month.  I actually don't care if it's cold, but I want blue skies.  Sunshine.  Even if it's cold sunshine.

Tomorrow is Sunday.  A slow day at work, usually.  If it isn't raining (or if someone hasn't screwed it up today) I want to finish the Perennial Yard set up.  I'm in the middle of the letter P and have P, R, S,T, V to go.  I could get it done in a few hours.  Latin names.  I have my fingers crossed that a certain pain in the butt didn't go out there today and try moving stuff around. As far as I know, the alphabet is pretty much the same for all of us.  The Perennial Yard is in alphabetic order.  Except for Hollyhocks.

I'm going to feed the dog and make myself a cup of coffee.  Put my feet up and read my book until G gets home.  It is my day off.   I am also going to get back into my pajama bottoms.

No comments: