Sunday, April 07, 2013

Another Amaryllis Blooming


I don't know if this is Apple Blossom or not.  A friend gave me one in 2008 when I had my "one woman" show.  In a blizzard.  Hardly any visitors.  I would like to think that this is it.  It was very gracious of her to bring a plant to the gallery where I sat alone.  Making Christmas cards.  She also brought liquor.

My third week back at work is in the past.  One more week and my body should be remembering how to work ( I am still taking Aleve every day when I get home).  My face is all suntanned from looking up  at the glass ceiling while watering the hanging baskets.  The tan makes me happy.  I need to remind myself daily to take extra (dry) socks or wear my rubber boots.  I never remember either and end up wet.

I taught two classes on Annuals and Perennials yesterday.  It was fun and I had a very good turnout. I really, really enjoy teaching.  IF I had followed thru on my college education, I would have been very happy teaching for 30 or 40 years, as a career.  It's nice to know that the path I did not follow would have been as happy as well as the one I did follow.

My plan all week was to just get through and make it to Sunday when ALL I needed to get done was the taxes.  My daughter's and ours.  And I did it.  In less than 3 hours, which included a mad hunt for my daughter's papers (which I thought were in one safe place but were not there).  G was smart enough to be FAR AWAY during what he figured would be the worst of it.  There was a 30 minute period when I thought the "new" Turbo Tax would not let me print.  I was terribly worried.  But it did print and in pretty colors.  So, the colors must have been the "improved" feature.  My April horoscope said to wait until April to do the taxes.  I didn't read it until after April first, which was THE DAY to ask for a raise.  Shoot!!!!  I need a raise.

So, I was finished with the taxes by 3 pm and then G and I went to the grocery store to finally get some food into the fridge.  We had been making do with whatever we could find.  G found some KFC chicken tenders in the freezer and has been eating them or not eating at all. I had two large spoonfuls of peanut butter for my dinner yesterday.  Tonight we will be having meatballs (homemade) baked in marinara sauce. I also got the last chuck roast that was in the meat display (on sale) so we will be having that later in the week with mashed potatoes and cole slaw.  I also have another sale ham (a better one) in the fridge to make someday.  We are both feeling better now that we have food.

While the meatballs bake, I am going to settle in on the couch and read my book.  The Hypnotist by some Swedish authors.  The same couple who wrote  The Nightmare.  The Hypnotist was written first and is much better.  I think there might be something good on Masterpiece tonight and the Good Wife. The taxes are done--what a relief.  I can just feel the tension fading away.  Now if my regular work pants would just start buttoning--I would be completely happy.

No comments: