Monday, September 03, 2012

Which Side Of The Brain Wins Today?

It's always a fight.  To do Right Side things (fun) or Left Side things (work) or a combination of the two.  I started out with work.  I need to start getting the produce out of the fridge and into the freezer (or on the table for meals) and it's a bit creative and not a little of plain work.  Breakfast (at 11 am) was diced tomato, cucumber, onion (all from my garden) with fresh mozzarella.  I had already shredded four summer squashes to use in that pizza/pasta like casserole that G ate.  I had sliced two large farm fresh eggplant for more breaded and fried eggplant.  I have the last full bag of cucumbers on the counter and will be slicing then thinly for cucumber salad as soon as I finish here.  And I have a large pile of shirts to iron.  The dog is staying close in case I decide to take him for a walk in the woods.

The dining room table remains 95% clutter free which is amazing.  I carried most of my clutter to the workspace and now it is more of a mess than usual.  I had meant to buy more storage containers.  That was long ago and I never did it.  I also meant to add labels to the already filled containers.  So I don't have to open them all to find something.  And, I am starting to realize that I gave away some fabrics I should have kept.

Another member of my former quilt chapter stopped to chat with me at work.  Dues are way up.  Discontent is up. The elders are breaking away to meet during the day.  When I was president of this group that was something I tried to get started.  Daylight meetings for those of us with night driving problems.  Yes, I was president.  I don't shy away from the hard work of being a member of a group. I was also program chair for several years.  Now that's a hard job.  Never can please everyone at once. I don't think I can ignore the Universe sending these messengers to talk to me much longer.  I tell each of them I can't drive to the meeting site in the dark.  My night vision is really terrible.  I wonder if the library has a room open at the library on Mondays?

I have the Summer 12by12 to make before summer ends on the 21st.  I have the Maverick 12by20 to make before October first.  That should be an easy one for me--someone who makes up their own rules.  There was a Maine quilt group named the Renegades.  Oh, I wished I had been doing good work at the time they were organized.  But, alas, I was only a beginner.  They are no longer a group as each became famous for themselves.  And Frayed Edges.  Now Twelve by Twelve.  It's so nice to watch these groups begin and then blossom.  Someday it'll happen for me.  I just have to actually be making art at the time.  SMILE.

I think I'll have my first cup of coffee, make the bed, iron the shirts and think about walking the dog.

No comments: