Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Fabric Fish- A Very Neat Idea

I, personally, don't like fish.  But these fabric fish caught my eye on someone's pin board.  I like the use of newspaper as the background.   I made quite a few Susan Carlson Fish after taking her workshop and buying the Cutting Loose book.  Somehow, wild fabric changes fish into something that doesn't seem as "fishy".  I don't eat fish.

I am sitting here, after work, having a big slab of my coconut flour zucchini brownie topped with a few ounces of cream cheese.  It's like "frosting" without the sugar.  I discovered I need to eat my chocolate earlier in the day in order to get a good night's sleep.  Ditto with coffee (even decaf).  So, also having coffee with my brownie.  The coffee and cream cheese are helping the brownie move down my throat. Anyone else experiment with coconut flour baking???  It's very strange stuff.  Very "absorbent".  They should use it to make socks.

My daughter called.  She now has two broken ribs.  Her regular doctor noticed that the fifth and seventh ribs were fractured on the X-rays.   She left a message saying she would be bringing the tables up from the basement for the yard sale, herself.  Not the best idea.

Today was Issac day.  The hurricane finally arrived in Maine.  We woke up to a heavy blanket of humid air.  Rain.  Even more humid air (reminding me why I didn't enjoy New Orleans).  Rain.  And now the sun is shining--a bit weak but at least it's not raining.  Everyone keeps saying we needed the rain.  I think it rains enough.  I cleaned up seven large Boston Ferns.  Made quite a mess.  Filled the garbage can with fronds.

I had my last yogurt lunch for the year.  Now I'll try eating tuna-mayo-green salad for lunch until it gets cold.  Then I need to eat all meat chili or baked sweet potatoes and lots of butter.  The last of the blueberries were super sweet today.  A nice way to end the yogurt lunches.  I had tomatoes and cheese for breakfast.  I enjoy eating a large bowl with EVOO and balsamic vinegar.  We have lots of tomatoes ripening on the counter.  And I had steamed green beans with the last of the zucchini casserole last night.  I always forget how much I love green beans.

So many other things on my mind, but I can't write about them on the blog.  I made a few rules of what content was "for the blog" and what was "not for the blog".  I allow myself to type it all into the post and then I delete it.  It's all probably available out there somewhere, as nothing is ever really deleted, but this is the solution I arrived at.  Writing things down here helps me think about the things that are on my mind.  I find I can then let these problems go or at least I have thought about solutions.

No comments: