Friday, September 14, 2012

Desktop Still Life

The days seem to be rushing past just now.  That happens at the oddest times.  Our anniversary is tomorrow and my birthday on Tuesday.  Is that why?   We don't do anything special for either day.  At first, G always forgot and felt sad that he had.  I never cared all that much.  In the past I LOVED my birthday so much that I would bring cake and presents to my coworkers just to share my happiness.  Now, I don't quite know how I feel.  Sixty six.  So much and not enough.

My "cold" or "allergy" seems to be settling down and I haven't been as miserable the past two days. No Nyquil last night but I did take a Benadryl.  Been falling asleep pretty fast (for me) but waking up around 4 am.   Not getting enough "rem" sleep and always feel a bit wobbly.

The kitchen island is COVERED in tomatoes.  Some are actually rotting so I have to check and turn them to make sure nothing starts collecting tiny flies.

Riley is outside rolling around in the dewy grass. Yesterday on his walk in the woods with G, Riley found a large pile of poop and rolled around in it.  G doesn't have a very good working sense of smell, but he was knocked backwards by the smell on Riley.  Riley didn't seem to notice.  Two hard scrubbing baths later, I gave G the "thumbs up" as I , with the delicate smell-o-meter nose, could not detect the odor. Needless to say, G fell asleep on the couch right after dinner.  Two dog baths wore him out.  Why do dogs like to roll in stinky stuff?

Work has gone by quickly this week.  I have today and Saturday to get thru and then two days off in a row.  Tomorrow I teach a class on Hydrangea.  A first for me.  I worked on my information handout last night.  We'll copy them today.  I set up an nice display of plants on the tables in the front of the class chairs (in the greenhouse).  New hydrangea are coming in on today's truck so I will switch out any I have for better looking product.

More perennials are arriving today.  So the condensed tables will be expanded.  We finally took the time to get the shade plants back into the shade.  I have another month before the perennials are cut back hard and sent back.  They look worn out.  I even look a bit worn out.  I had to add a belt to my work pants to keep them up.  Now, I'll have a belt to hook my radio on.  It's hard to decide how to dress for work.  Pants are too warm and shorts a bit too cool.

The PUMPKINS have arrived and they look amazing.  So ORANGE and perfectly shaped.  Six weeks to Halloween.

1 comment:

kathy said...

I love the idea of bringing cake and presents to others to celebrate your birthday! Seems like a nice way to say thank you for being in my life on my special day.