Wednesday, July 18, 2012

We Have Zucchini

The last time I went out to check the zukes, they were too tiny to pick.  Today.  Well, they are sort of big.  And so many at once.  I am thinking of zucchini fritters, zucchini pasta and a zucchini pizza crust. But I hardly think that will make a dent.  I will have to also make grilled slices of zucchini to serve with a grilled piece of meat.  A steak, please.  When I planted so many, I was finding it difficult to buy nice ones to use for zucchini pasta with the meatballs and marinara.  I overestimated my need for zucchini.

I felt sick this morning.  I think the heat at work is warping my brain or something.  Or it could have been my choice of dinner last night.  All eight Nathan's Beef hot dogs (grilled to crispy dark brown) with a squiggle of yellow mustard as decoration.  No buns.  I ate them at room temp.  Then had a large cup of cold coffee with cream.  Period.

Or it could be my complete lack of interest in breakfast foods.  I did make a sausage, onion, pepper, greens and cheese omelet this morning but I didn't eat it at home.  I ate it at work.  Cold. That may not have been a good thing to do.  The feeling "sick" could have been hunger. Lunch today was Greek yogurt with blueberries (my own) and pineapple.  No Bran Buds.  I am NOT eating any wheat this week.  The yogurt isn't as filling or delicious without the Bran Buds.  I'll be perfectly honest here.  I don't eat ANY bread.  But I have been adding Bran Buds to my yogurt and I do eat my fried chicken with a wheat based coating. And bread crumbs do get mixed into those meatballs.  I tried them without and it wasn't a "good thing".  That is cheating.  Even those small things could be stalling any weight loss.  So, I have to stop cheating.  And, my meals are now less that happy times.  And I sometimes just don't eat rather than eat what I am allowed to eat.

The Kelp capsules are still treating me to a good night's "sound" sleep.  So I am well rested.  And for whatever reasons (unknown to me) I have reached "regularity" which is also making me happy.  The greenhouse is providing me with an excellent suntan.  So, I am getting plenty of vitamin D.  Which is now THE IMPORTANT vitamin to be getting enough of every day.

My household chores are pretty much under control.  G's shirts are all ironed and I have a load of whites in the washer waiting for kitchen towels.  The floors are swept and the garden is watered (G) and the dog has been walked and hosed off.  He likes to be well watered after his walk to cool down.  Riley is looking thinner already on his "diet" of 25% less dog food (which my daughter thinks is too much of a decrease).

An interesting effect of limiting his food:  Riley comes to the dog dish as soon as his food is served and starts eating.  No coaxing.  No skipping meals.  No tasting and then walking away.

Perhaps I would do as well if someone served me my food minus 25%.


1 comment:

Gale said...

Joann - I have a great recipe for zucchini relish if you're interested. Made with onions, zucchini, turmeric, celery seed, vinegar and sugar. Let me know if you would like it. It's my go-to recipe for zucchini explosions.