Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cleaning Out The Fridge Breakfast

G had grilled up a huge tray of zucchini and peppers sometime ago and I had been using them up whenever I made eggs for breakfast.  But, I wasn't making eggs all that often.  Today's breakfast is all the grilled vegetables, reheated for 3 minutes (just warm) and two sticks of cheddar cheese in cubes.  I added salt and pepper.  I also managed to make a fresh pot of coffee.  After work yesterday, I managed to eat two large spoons of peanut butter and then had the remains of Thursday's coffee (or was it Friday's coffee?)   I wish the lack of eating on my part translated into lost of inches in my rear end.  But, my rear end seems just as wide as ever.

I have to add onions to my shopping list.  I think grilled onion would have made the vegetables much tastier.

G is getting tired of having a panini for dinner.  It's easy, tasty and means I don't have to cook (he can assemble it himself).  He wants real food tonight, meaning that it's something where I do the work.  Chicken with rice. Pizza or Pasta. We discussed the menu items he thought he would enjoy eating this week.  None of them appealed to me but then, I don't think anything he mentioned would appeal to me right now.  I have enough zucchini to shred to make a few zucchini pizza crusts (for me) and they keep well in the fridge with no toppings.  I could do that today.  It's my day off and I have the time.  My last day off--on Monday, was spent reading and napping.  The high heat in the greenhouse is sapping my strength.

I have herbs to plant in the garden, the dog to walk (eventually), shirts to iron and I had wanted to go to Goodwill to see what's new.  Then there's the grocery shopping and the cooking.  Not much space in there for anything "fun".

I did manage to watch an episode of "Longmire" last night before bed.  It's on A&E and I had no idea it even existed.  I enjoyed the episode I watched and look forward to catching up with other recorded episodes.  I think one or two are missing.  Two new episodes will be airing starting August 5th.  Are there other shows on A&E I should be watching?   I think I missed Project Runway this week.  If I don't record things I forget about them.  Like I forget what day it is.  They all seem the same and just run into each other and then it's suddenly almost August.  Mums and Pumpkins.  Halloween.  And, since it's retail, Christmas starts arriving.  We already got glittered white feathers.

Reading my way thru Karen Fossum's books.  First two were excellent.  The next three are essentially rants on child abduction.  I am reading the current book to find out what happens to Sejer's dog.  Then I quit.   I have a Ron Rash book (dense and well written), a chick flick book and another of the Vanessa/Michael books where the central person may or may not be whatever sex you think they are.  It's an action thriller.  One of the sexes is the reality but the writer does such a good job--it's an even bet if the hero is male or female.  Keeps us guessing.  The first is titled the "Informationist"

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment re: the SuperEasy Summer Salad, it is NICE to know that you aren't just writing for yourself, I have a lot of notebooks full of that kind of writing.

I would like a piquant dressing but not too punchy that makes my nose run. The BV is okay and yes, does have a sweetness. The Vidalia Onion is no-go as is the Tuscany Italian. Oh well, I'll keep looking. The Ginger you are thinking of is the Ginger Soy sauce and wouldn't work at all -too salty.

No Ramen noodles for this. Just the plain rice noodles made with two ingredients - rice and water.

I'm going to try making the salad and adding the dressing right when I eat it. The last bowl with dressing gets to be TOO much!