Monday, July 30, 2012

Transitions

As this epic diet thing progresses, my weight might not be changing but I am certainly changing.  In ways that I never expected.   The most recent change was in underwear.  I bought a 2 pair packaged of microfiber briefs.  In beige.  To wear under pants that were a bit too snug.  My daughter suggested them because it's easier to pull on tight pants over microfiber and not white cotton granny panties.  White cotton bunches up.

Then, on a visit to Target (always dangerous), I saw the special four pack for the two pack price.  So far, I have opened the package of beige and then package of teal.  Then pink may be returned.  How many pairs is enough?  Ten?  I am surprised that I like wearing them.  Really.  After nearly 66 years of white cotton, this silky microfiber which doesn't reach my waist is really "different".

But then, eating chicken for breakfast is something no one would have ever bet on me doing.

It's sort of like Pandora's Box.  I opened up to eating an entirely different diet and now I am opening myself to other things I had always thought of as "not for me".

The Five Dollar Bill is a TIP I got at work yesterday after I potted three cactus for a customer.  I did a very careful and attractive job of it, as I always do.  So nothing extra ordinary.  I find potting the little plants into new pots to be very comforting.  Very Zen.  So I take my time, enjoy the process.  It's like a "practice" for me.  Calming, centering etc.  To get a TIP was very strange and yet, it felt good.  I spend time wondering what delight I can buy with my five dollars.  Glue sticks?  I love glue sticks.  And thin line Sharpie pens.

Riley got a bath yesterday out in the yard (the heat was making him very stinky).  And a long walk in the rain with G.  Very tired.  G & Riley.  Riley slept like a rock last night and is still resting by my feet, under the desk.  Since his "attack", Riley is spending more and more time "under" things.  Under the desk.  Under the table.  Under the bed.  Under the trees.  The new flea and tick collar the vet recommended is working.  There are no ticks on Riley. The smaller amount of dog food is working.  Riley is looking thinner.  He'll get weighed at the Vet this week and we'll see if he has lost anything.  His coat is very, very shiny.  He knows I am writing about him.

Today is my son's Birthday.  I hope he will be having a Happy Day.  As it is only 7:30 in California, I know that he isn't even awake yet and won't be for awhile.  Love you!!!

No comments: