Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pizza, Pizza

Working one weekend day is hard.  Working both is so much worse.  But, I stopped at the grocery on the way home and bought the week's groceries and stuff for pizza.  For tonight's dinner.  Because I didn't get to eat lunch.  And I am very hungry.  Onion, red peppers, Greek olives and mushroom pizza.

One of the teenage loaders called out and the other was asked to stay for a longer shift.  He didn't have a lunch with him.  N gave him her yogurt and I gave him my carrots and hummus.  His other choice was the cookies and donuts being served for Open House.  We ran out of peanuts.

The book I started reading yesterday is Very Good and the Swedish author has written many more.  Some of which are described as "creepy".  I am pretty happy to have found another Swedish mystery writer.  I have no idea why I like them so much.  Perhaps I have lived in Sweden in another lifetime. I know that I always have an emotional response to the Swedish landscape.

My clothing is starting to fit differently.  I wore the men's large company shirt this weekend and buttoned it. Usually I have to wear it unbuttoned because of my hips.  And on Tuesday I wore a fleece sweatshirt that was always snug.  It skimmed over the curve of my back and from the side, I looked nice.  My posture is so much better.  I naturally stand taller and straighter.  My "core" is getting stronger.  The Pilates coda is that I would "feel" the difference at 10 days, "see" the difference at 20 and "live" the difference at 30.  I didn't do my exercises this weekend but will do them tomorrow morning.

My "whole foods" diet is starting to work.  If it isn't made from "whole" food I think twice before eating the item.  Usually, if I decide to eat it, the food is too sweet, too greasy or just too much of a waste of time (leaves me still hungry).  I don't think I am losing any weight.  But I AM changing the way I think of food.  No calorie counting.  I have as large a bowl of cereal as I want in the morning and it carries me till 2 or 3 in the afternoon.  I have a banana or a whole orange if I feel hungry with one ounce of cheddar cheese if I feel really hungry.  I think if it was possible for me to eat my dinner at this time, I could go until bedtime without needing any other food.

There are so many things going on with my life right now.  Good things.  I feel comfortable with myself -- just as I am.   I haven't been able to say that often in my life.  That's a very good thing to be able to say.  To feel.

1 comment:

Diane N said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling so good about your life and the way things are going for you! It makes me happy to read tht.

Who is the author you are reading right now? Please share the name of the author an the book.