Sunday, September 26, 2010

Working Under Water


Last night, I spent a great deal of my dreaming time, under water.  I was working.  Repotting huge overgrown indoor plants.  All dark, knotted stems.  In deep water.  I am normally terrified of water. Hugely frightened of drowning.  But I was under water, calm and diligently working on my projects.  I did some internet searches on "dream interpretation" and this all seems like a good dream to have. If you dream about your present job (repotting plants), then that is a positive sign that things are good at work (????). Underwater means I am seeking "comfort" in my work.  I did wake up rested and calm.

I finished reading Reichs' new book Spider Bones.  The current books are mere shadows of her first three books.  Such a waste of good writing talent.  And her television show STINKS.  Now I am moving on to Martin Cruz Smith and his newest Arkady Renko novel.  Nothing like a depressed Russian detective to bring cheer to my life, even if the print looks pretty large, meaning it's more short story than novel. G is just about ready to move on from the LaHaye Left Behind Series.  G is ignoring the religious aspect and enjoying the action parts.  He is stopping at six installments as he had no idea this went on forever.  It has kept him busy.

We are invited over to P's farmette to pick Concord grapes and peaches today.  And she wants to feed us some lunch.  P is busy painting her garage.

I carried my stacked sorter cabinet out of the workroom and now have it next to the dining room table. the little drawers have plastic bags with sorted images from discarded magazines.  I spent the morning looking for water and ended up with a water image (adjusted in iPhoto) that happened to have been on the top of the cart all the time.  I thought I might have had a picture of a snorkel and goggles. No.  I selected several nice images to glue onto the left hand pages of the journal.  I can even collage them with other items I have in the collage paper bucket.  Yes, an actual bucket (pail) filled with scraps of paper. I wish I knew someone in a foreign place who would send me ticket stubs and other stuff.  Always more interesting if we can't read the words on collage scraps.

Anyway, I have eaten too many pancakes and my tummy is too full.  And the amount of coffee I have drunk isn't helping.  G & Riley had a good walk and Riley did his "business" twice.  Riley has had lunch and is now going to Petco for more dog food.  They are going in G's car to try out the new tires we got yesterday.  Riley is driving.

1 comment:

dee said...

I didn't know he finally passed his driving test. Does he need glasses?

Thanks for the chuckle.