Saturday, September 11, 2010

Newly Painted Fabric

It's bluer. But this is the best I can do at almost 7 pm. Long day at work. Hot. And I was dressed for cool. My cheeks are blushed with red from the sun shining into the greenhouse. We had 26 customers for the Pruning Class this morning. I had the entire greenhouse watered before the 10 am start, had the handout on the chairs and was standing ready with the sign up sheet. Yesterday I skipped lunch, but today I ate yesterday's yogurt and fruit and read the employee handbook. I also had two slices of the snack coffeecake. And had seconds tonight on the very very yummy cherry tomato, red pepper, onion pasta I whipped up before taking my shower. Healthy pasta, right?

I am so tired and my skin is so dry. I bought three "Five Buck" roses in the yard sale. Now I have to find a sunny spot to plant them. I asked the pruning instructor about my bird's nest spruce (ticket said 3 feet by 3 feet and it's now the size of a VW bug) and it can't be pruned. So, that can be chain sawed out and a rose can be planted there. He also said multi stemmed shrubs like Forsythia, Lilac, Spirea, and some rhodies can be cut to the ground to rejuvenate them when they get woody and scraggly. Chain saw will be getting a work out this week (G is on vacation).

Monday, I will be bringing home more Rhodies. I'm going to plant them along the western side of the lawn where they can grow to their full 8 feet tall and 8 feet wide. Icy pink.

That's all for today. Hope your Saturday was a beautiful summer day spent outdoors and NOT at work.

1 comment:

kathy said...

beautiful fabric, Joanne. Is it acrylics? The circles, the blue, I love all of it. Now what? ANd your comments about contentment...it's one of the things I love about fall. For some reason, to DO, to get ready for the coming cold, always makes me feel so content. OF course yours is more deeply meant, but all the same...