Friday, September 24, 2010

Riley Had A Bath Today


Riley was a bit too "doggy" so he got a bath today at doggie day care.  And he smells lovely now.  And his foot is healing very nicely.  It'll be three weeks since he cut the pad open.

In other news, I was very, very close to calling it quits at work today.  And then my boss gave me what is usually the teenage boy punishment job.  Raking the shrub area.  And today was muddy (big rain last night), slippery and just plain disgusting.  I raked the entire area and it looked better than it ever has.  See, I love to rake.  And I love making ugly, pretty.  And it was work.  Something constructive to do.  So, I am still employed.  That boss.  He's a tricky guy.

We had leftovers for dinner.  Whatever was in the fridge.  Then watched Detroit 1-8-7.  G hadn't seen it. And then Mentalist.  G fell asleep.  Then I watched Fringe.  Everyone has gone to bed but me.

3 comments:

Annie said...

There's one handsome fella!

dee said...

Gorgeous pup!
I don't think your attitude of wanting to work is strange at all. It makes the time go faster and makes you feel a sense of worth. Nothing worse than sitting around watching the clock tick.
Loved the Mentalist just because it makes me smile. I'm doing a lot of reading waiting around the hospital. Roger's out of CCU. Small blessings daily! Possible re-hab by end of next week. It's only a mile from my house-another small blessing.

Paula, the quilter said...

Riley knows he looks (and smells) good. Do you think the boss reads your blog?