Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Running On Empty

The endless "going to work" is wearing me down. Today I managed an extra 2 hours of sleep which was much needed to restore sanity. Yesterday I managed to loose and find my paycheck which caused much anxiety of the "losing my mind" variety. And as the days dribble on at work, we are endlessly exposed to "personal problems" with employees. I took the high road yesterday with two of them and hope there are no more today. Young people can be a real pain sometimes.

I watered and watered and watered and finally gave up and sat in the sun outside and worked on my Suduko puzzle until a customer needed assistance. Well, she didn't. She just wanted to walk around the entire perennial yard with me remarking on her own garden and it's needs. I like to walk, so it was good. I just tuned her out after awhile.

A number of interesting choices in possible new employees has come through the door. My age. Opinionated. Educated. Experienced gardeners (they use the Latin names). My boss is happy with me. Will he try to add these women to the mix to increase his happiness? A bumpy ride to be sure! I try to stay out of the line of fire, these new women may not have the patience.

My success rate with Suduko - I actually solved a few puzzles - is problematic. I now spend more time erasing mind boggling mistakes than in solving the puzzles. Fatigue. I keep making the same, stupid mistake.

I wanted the Olympics to be OVER and now we have POLITICS. Suddenly, the Olympics is looking good to me. Thank goodness for Tivo and the library.

I have tomatoes, finally. Still skimpy on the zucchini but enough for a meal or two. I refuse to make zucchini bread. Wish I had some yellow squash. Since I'm wishing, I'd like 3 or 4 please. The Delicata squash is ready to eat and I need to start eating my cabbage before the slugs eat it all. My lettuce is wonderful. And my beans should be producing pods right about now for a nice pot of vegetable soup.

Time to go to work. Let's hope there is work to do. Besides watering things that don't need water.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I have three in my kitchen waiting to be eaten. You can have them. They are medium sized and dark yellow as I picked them last Sunday. Interested?