Sunday, August 17, 2008

Random Thoughts

I just returned home after a very pleasant, and unusual, Sunday morning. I was invited to color a woman's hair at my friend P's house. I colored P's hair last week. Both women now look "mahvalous" as Fernando Lamas used to say. I started coloring hair in my teens. My mother had white hair in her late 20's and colored (and mixed her own color) by herself until I got old enough to take over. So, back to this morning, I colored the hair of a woman I had never met whose son is getting married on Friday. Her friends took tons of snapshots of the whole process as they were "over the moon" happy that she was getting her hair colored. It did take 10 years off her face and attitude. We all bonded immediately as we are all exactly the same age. No explaining necessary.

Yesterday was my daughter's last birthday in her 30's. How on earth did she get so old while I stayed so young? Slam is now in the "dating dead zone". Guys, in her dating age group (35 to 45), want to date women (girls) in their 20's. Even guys over her dating age group (40 to 60) want to date girls in their 20's. Because they can. The ex husbands of friends of the ladies I met this morning all dated and married women the ages of their daughters after the divorce (and sometimes before). So I guess Slam should be looking for a divorced guy with a daughter Slam's age? And he would be sixty???? Not going to happen. SO NOT going to happen!!!

I'm just finishing up a JA Jance mystery which is sort of like a visit with an old friend. No surprises just a nice time catching up on the recent experiences etc. It's past time for the author to give this character (Joanna Brady) a swift kick in the butt. And Sue Grafton needs to do the same with her detective in her 80's ABC mysteries. Nevada Barr is the only one giving her Anna Pigeon some tough choices and tougher situations.

Tonight, Inspector Lynley on Mystery.

G just brought home my "loot" from Target. Twenty seven mechanical pencils for $5.00 less 10% and two pair of knee length leggings to wear under long shirts or short skirts. These leggings should be the ideal cover up for sagging, weight loss/cellulite thighs. And think how age inappropriate I will look wearing the leggings AND the black ballerina flats.

One of the ladies this morning had the "edgy-ish" eye glasses and I asked if I could try them on and get the group opinion. They loved them on me. So I wrote down all the frame numbers (Donna Karan) and even if they can't fit the trifocal into the lens, I'll just get the close and middle correction and the hell with the far. I'll wear my old glasses for driving with all three. I spend most of my day at work looking over the top of my frames anyway. I have wanted kick ass new glasses to go with the short, short hair all summer.

G is home. I'm off the the grocery store.

No comments: