Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Something New

I bought a number of things at a fall plant sale (half price) and planted them into the newly de-weeded front bed. Now they are coming up and I don't have name tags. This looks interesting. Big leaves eventually with fall color. Right now it's producing a flower. I have it planted with Heuchera in the dark toasty color. I wish I had gotten the dark purple/red now.

I have borrowed the most amazing plant book from the library. Hardy Plants. And the amazing part: no Latin names in the index. I have begun to learn the Latin names (still can't pronounce them correctly) and try and keep up with the customers who want to use only Latin. But it is so trying. Valerian. Jupiter's beard.

Yesterday I worked my way through eight tables of perennials. Putting them in order as listed in the plant catalog. This is the way I work. Call me crazy. I have a bazillion more tables to sort today and on into the future (June). And the plant truck is disgorging more plants at 11am. I hope the Astilbe I ordered in abundance is on the truck. And the deep red tuberous begonias I ordered for a customer. In four inch pots. And the Rose Campion I ordered (Lychnis) for a customer and myself.

My socks are already wet and I haven't even left the house. I watered my own plants and dribbled water on my foot.

What's Good Today: Riley went to day care so G could finish wrapping the hot water pipes. I am stopping at Wendy's for a Taco Salad for my lunch later today (2 or 3 pm). The sun is shining. I have on long sleeves under a short sleeve tee. So I can "be one with the temperature" outdoors and in the greenhouse. The wind blows in off the ocean and it gets cold outside. I painted my 12 by 12 piece this morning and made photocopies of the quilting pattern and have decided on "text" for the background. Coming together. Used the remaining paint to paint a small piece of fabric. Waste not. Indian dinner with friends tomorrow.

No comments: