Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Growing

My clivia finally bloomed. Not orange as I expected but a lovely yellow tinged with peach. I'm now wondering if this is one of the expensive yellow cultivars. I came by this plant in the usual way -- for me. It was left to die in the sun on a refrigerator at work. I watered it whenever I happened to go in the breakroom (not often enough). Eventually, I asked who owned it and convinced them to let me take the plant home to care for it. The owner could have it back when they wanted it back. It's been three, maybe four years. Plant is huge. Happy. Ready to make a flower. Sounds familar?

Work is busy, dirty and crazy. It's that time of year. Planting time. And today is the last chance of a hard frost so the geranium buying can begin and all those pots of geranium, spike and vinca can be assembled and put out on the steps. Let the summer begin! Go petunias! Supertunias.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

Wow. That is a beautiful color. Summer is already well underway here.