Monday, May 12, 2008

Long Weekend

Worked Mother's Day weekend. Everyone in town must have gotten Mom something floral. We were very busy. And today, Monday, the mom's with gift certificates came in to shop. We get a big truckload of new plants every morning and rush to get everything put away.

G had the day off and came to work to have lunch with me. He brought sandwiches and we sat on the rock wall in the sunshine. Nicer than eating inside. I think I may have to do that more often.

I picked up a large waterlogged plant today and hurt my back. I walked the remainder of my work day to help ease the muscles. Now I'm taking a shower and will hope for the best. Sitting makes it much worse so no more blogging today. Hope you are enjoying a lovely May and digging in the dirt a bit.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Isn't it a lovely May here in Maine? The best I remember in many years! Yes, I'm enjoying digging in the dirt, I just love, love, love putting in a small flower garden and tending it for the rest of the season. It has to be small cause it doesn't take much to hurt my back. My sympathies are with you on your back injury.

I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog on the gardening, I had a feeling when you mentioned getting a job that it would be at a gardening center. Hope you continue to enjoy the job, but take care with the heavy lifting!

All the best,

ANNIE
: )