Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunny Sunday

This has really been a miserable summer so far here in Maine. Two or three gorgeous days and then cold, damp, rainy days all in a row and finally a sunny day. It's JUNE!. Nearly summer.

My garden reports 6 radishes have germinated. Out of a bazillion seeds planted.

My husband purchased a desk from the "land of miss-shipped furniture" at work. $6. And now that we have assembled it and marked it with a pencil and jigsawed a hole in the top for my sewing machine and the sewing machine "elevator" that will raise and lower the machine for my sewing pleasure--- I have to find room for it in my overstocked workroom.

The old sewing table will be going on to a new life as a colorfully painted end table with really cute knobs on the faux drawer in front. Whilst in the workroom it never came close to having it's "makeover". I'm sure there are other items in the workroom in need of a fresh start or do-over. Hey, me!

So after eating a breakfast peach and tieing on the walking shoes and doing 2 miles, I will walk right into that workroom and start moving stuff around and out and into piles and, and, ---and, I just hope lunchtime arrives sooner rather than later so I can stop.

I'm giving Sunday Chinese Lunch one more try. Last week's lunch wasn't so good. If this week is the same--then I will be moving on to a new "treat". Tomorrow I have a lunch date with "J" and some Tex-Mex chicken fingers. Can't hardly wait.

In case you're wondering. I deleted the whole "eating plan" post. This IS an art quilting blog and not a self help/blathering blog. Yesterday I clipped art and text from some old magazines for a paper collage. As soon as I get a new glue stick. And find my scissors. I will be making a small 6 inch square collage everyday this summer. I'm finding them to be a good exercise for future fabric endeavors.

And, really, all my fabric endeavors are in the "future" as the only sewing I am actually doing is on the seams of my pants. Or on tucks in the waistband of those same pants. And I don't know nothing about sewing clothing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Joanne, if you can't blather to your online friends now and then, who CAN you blather to? :-) Congrats on your progress!

kathy said...

the little daily collage sounds like a great idea..but when confronted with a blank piece of paper I freeze. maybe I should try to get over it and give it a try too....hope you share some pictures.

Deborah Boschert said...

I love TexMex. Love it!

Can't wait to see the collages!