Monday, June 18, 2007

Remember When The Weekend Was Easy?

My favorite of last week's collages. And I worked Friday and had a social function to attend on Saturday afternoon. Staff Appreciation with Food. Always a problem for the person on a "eating plan". Supper later in the day--and I could have skipped it--was a Greek Salad from one of our favorite take out places and "diet cheese wedges". The regular cheese wedges are pizza dough with oil and loads of cheese, baked and sliced and served with Marinara Sauce. In my "former life" I ate the whole 8" circle myself. The diet version-- and the take out place was not surprised by the order---- was pizza dough, a tiny bit of cheese and sauce on the side. G ate half.

Sunday was Father's Day and Sam brought croissants and a Sunday paper for her Dad and she and I went out shopping. How's that for a holiday? Anyway, she shopped at Wally World and I stood in line to return something I had purchased in 2005. Walmart is a wonder. I stood in line for over 20 minutes, said I didn't have a receipt for the item and was handed CASH. I then purchased some Tide and a watermelon.

We then went to Staples to purchase a new phone for Sam. The one we really wanted was out of stock so she purchased our second favorite. Basic with answering machine. Funny how the "out of stock" one was the one on sale?

Next stop was the pet store for Sam and Coldwater Creek for me. I am a glutton for punishment (and a 60% off sale) so I went in to try on clothes never dreaming that any would fit. I wanted--what else--another white shirt. One that fit and followed the lines of my new "hourglass" figure. I am nothing if not predictable. I found two things--a pair of slim striped pants and a very girly pleated, ruffled white shirt. Linen. Be still my heart. Nothing was extra large. Sam said "no" to the saffron colored shirt I wanted.

I also stopped and repaired a friend's sewing machine and got scratched by her cat, had Chinese Lunch (yummy) and walked 2 miles (Sat and Sun).

All this and what I had penciled in my dance card was working on my big marigold quilt. I did get some topstitching in on the side parts. I don't think this quilt will ever get finished. And I worked on pressing the WU flowers on another quilt while watching Home Sweet Alabama on Saturday. There was a bit of "oops" when the cutting mat was removed but I think I got all the pieces back where they may have been. It looks okay.

No pictures because you've seen it before and nothing is different. So. Nine in the morning and I think I'll try for some more stitching on the marigold before my manicure and then work at the library until 8pm. The Closer is on at 9. I really should make some dinner for G and put it in the fridge for him to heat up later. I really should.

No comments: