Thursday, December 14, 2017

On The Thirteenth Day Of December


I forgot to post.  G and I were up until way past midnight on the 12th, shoveling slush off the driveway.  We are into 3 weeks of freezing weather here in Maine.  So any slush would have frozen into "ruts" that would be hard to navigate by foot for weeks on end.   Driving down the drive to get the mail is one thing--walking a dog?  Not so much.

Riley is having a time of it.  He is annoyed with himself regarding peeing on his hind leg while balancing on the slippery, hard crusted snow in the side yard.  Winter.

The view up top--- The old rattan table and chairs I wrote about, the dog, the bright southern side of the yard through the French doors and tall windows, the new hallway floor and carpet and under the table a peek at the new radiator and the boxes and bags of ornaments and lights.  In the vase on the hall table--pussy will stems I trimmed off the little willow tree (that keeps trying to become a very tall willow tree).  The buds seemed rather full to me so I put them in water and--wonder to behold--they are opening into little furry soft "buds".

I am guessing the crazy weather here in Maine has confused most of the flowering shrubs and trees into thinking it was time to flower.  Which means Spring will be a real dud.  No flowers.

I got little sleep the night we shoveled and then up early for my last day at work.  Which was okay. When I got home it was already turning dark and we sat and watched recorded things on TiVo and then G went out to get Chinese take out.  Never remembered to write to you.

Ornaments on the tree today (the 14th) and the boxes will all go back upstairs--empty.  I will post again later.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Love the pic of your interior....and I'm crazy about that rug! Nice