Monday, December 11, 2017

On The Eleventh Day Of December


I was spending time with a good Friend driving around, grocery shopping (I forgot stuff on Sunday) and then wiring greens to two old fashioned snowshoes--one to hang on her front door and one to hang on G's workshop door.  He does handy man things for her.  So she wanted to make something for him. I even hand made a nice red bow for his snowshoe.

I am also in the process of sewing binding around the edges of my Christmas patchwork potholders. I have gotten TWO done.  It's slow going.  I forgot a lot about "quilting" in the past 10 years. Yes, it's been that long since I was "into it" as my friend always says when she is making stuff.

I did two SOS calls out to my friend Connie and she replied with the information I needed.  Once I read her descriptions--it all came back.  Like riding a horse?  No.

It's very cold here.  Or it just seems like that to me.  Either way.  The snow we had on Sunday melted a bit in the sunshine and now we have icy spots.  I am not interested in a slip and fall accident. We have another storm on the way and I think tomorrow is NOT going to be nice........ I'm guessing that the title of tomorrow's post will be about weather.

I found some very nice yellow paper and used my paper cutter to make squares.  Now to begin folding and finger's crossed--make stars.  And if that fails--add binding to more potholders.


No comments: