Monday, December 19, 2016

Ice & Snow & Cold


We had snow.  Then it rained.  Then it went below zero.  Now we are living in a glacier it seems. Everything white, cold and frozen solid. Nothing remotely "fluffy".  Going out to get the newspaper is dangerous (falling) the driveway looks more like a skating rink. So I sit and wait--- breakfast doesn't seem correct without the paper.  Finally G wakes up and goes out for the paper.  I told him to drive to the end of of the driveway but he walked.

Work was slow but not as cold (inside the greenhouse) as it was Saturday.

One more day and I am retired and not working.  It can't happen soon enough.

Sigh.  Now to decide which cookies to make tomorrow.  This is a BIG decision.

That isn't my tree in the picture up top (it's not THAT short) but you might see a deer out on the lawn if you looked out one of my windows.  A real deer.  And a large group of real squirrels.

No comments: