Thursday, October 24, 2013

Have We SeenThis One Already?


I have so many pictures.   This is the size counter top the designer wanted me to choose. (NO!) Only one piece of whatever we choose for a counter top  (no marble!)--no seam.  This isn't much bigger than what I have now.  The difference is that my sink and dishwasher are at right angles to the back wall (where we are seeing a fridge and windows), making the aisle area very tight.  The designer says it's not up to code, what we have had here in the kitchen for years and years.  I have rather gotten used to walking around in tight circles (around the island) to get anywhere.

The dog has learned how to back up.  Which my husband says isn't normal.  When Riley was a puppy, I would make the beep, beep sound (like trucks backing up) and Riley would be encouraged to back up out of my way.  There really was only "just" enough space for him to turn around.  As he got older (and bigger) turning wasn't possible but there was so much wonderful stuff on the floor.  So he started entering face forward and backing up to exit.  Clever dog and messy Joanne.

I started this morning in pajamas, garden boots and a down vest (it's cold) and I wanted some kale for my breakfast frittata.  I got kale, a few more tomatoes and a few green peppers.  Then I came back for a container for calendula flowers (for a salve I intend to make) and then another container to pick October raspberries.  Lots of them.  Riley stuck his nose in the container and ate some so I had to keep the bowl off the ground for the remainder of the picking.  A nice full quart of berries minus what Riley ate.  My freezer is filling up with peaches and raspberries to eat with yogurt until it's red grapefruit season and I switch to yogurt with grapefruit (my absolute favorite) for the winter months.  Lots of work to cut all the segments but worth it.  So tasty.

I add some mending to do.  A king 280 thread count sheet had two small cuts ( I bought it for little money) which I sewed shut with my zigzag stitch.  Backed the cuts with a strip of white cotton in my wastebasket.  Then I sewed up the rip in G's pale blue tee.  A nice right angle tear.  I was thankful the machine was set up with white cotton thread top and bottom.  Threading the machine isn't one of my favorite things.  Especially in the morning.  Before coffee.

I am working retail today and tomorrow.  Late.  Later than usual.  Not all that pleased about it.  I like working mid day.  Getting home at 9:30 at night isn't something I want to make a habit of but I am thinking, as the holidays near, it WILL be more likely.  Hardly any customers that late.  Lots of folding and restacking.  Bad for my back.  I think I may say something about my lack of night vision to my leader.  See how they react.  I'm sure it will be a negative reaction.

Now to go plant garlic.

No comments: