Friday, October 11, 2013

Good Friday Morning

I had a 3 hour instruction session at the retail job (R) yesterday but backed up to my "sick" day the day before adds up to two days off--I calculate.  I feel rested.

The Prednisone is making me sleepy and fog-brained.  Slow to digest the information yesterday.

But the rash is not red this morning.  It's dry and a bit scabby.  Doesn't burn.  And I dropped 4.5 pounds overnight.  Retained water.  It went as quickly as it appeared.  Not from my diet--as I am eating whatever I want (and lots of it as the meds make one hungry), but watching the salt.

G has been trying out his new diet (from his doctor) and purchased his second half loaf of whole grain bread.  This, second one, has all sorts of seeds and nuts in it.  I had the butt end with peanut butter yesterday and I liked it very much.  Very satisfying and filling.

This morning, coffee and organic rolled oats  from the bulk bin (so MUCH tastier than my usual Quaker Oats)  And not as pasty. I am planning to buy some at the health food store to see if they are better.

I am working (R) today into the evening.  I need to pack two snacks and a dinner as I MUST take two breaks and a lunch half hour.  We are more "informal" at my other job.

So--feeling better, a bit groggy from the meds, but not red and swollen.  Nearly normal.

No comments: