Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pussy Willows Rooting

My husband had these pussy willow stems (which I purchased carefully) on display at his restaurant during the weeks prior to Easter weekend.  They have made roots and leaves in the four weeks and are now ready to be potted up and then in late May, planted in the wetland around the vernal pool.  Yes, they are this tall. I am enjoying having a forest of tree branches in the kitchen.  G now has branches of cherry blossoms on display.

Happy Easter to all as I pack my lunch and get ready to leave for work.  Sigh!  No Easter Bunny.  No Easter Eggs.  No Easter Basket.   Our daughter is eating Easter Lunch with the boyfriend's family.  They are making special items to accommodate her post surgery diet.  Nice people.  G and Riley will have a quiet day together.  Resting.

2 comments:

dee said...

Happy Easter Joanne. Sorry you have to go to work though. It'll be a quiet one here. The kids are going to Dani's family. They're coming here for brunch and I'm making raisin scones as requested. Hope your day isn't too crazy.
You asked the other day about the Atkins diet. For me it was very simple. Meat, eggs, vegetables, fruits. If you can get past the first week of no bread, no pasta, you can do anything. That ws my downfall. I kept it up for weeks and lost plenty but eventually couldn't give up the carbs. Sadly, I am a carbhound...
There are plenty of Atkins menu sites on line. Check them out. Essentially they are about the same.
About yesterdays post, only one best friend here for many years-like a sister without all the drama. Happy I found you even if it's only in a bloggy way! Someday I may get brave and drive up to Maine. Miracles do happen...

Diane N said...

Happy Easter! I hope you have a good day although I am sorry you have to be at work today.

Pussy willows! How I love them! They remind me of my grandma and of childhood springs. I loved it when hers were all fuzzy.

This blog so often triggers so many memories for me. Good ones. Thank you for writing and sharing with all of us. You really do make my day.