Saturday, April 30, 2011

Finally, Spring

You can tell when Spring finally arrives --- no one is updating their blogs.  Too many "other" more enticing things to be doing.  Sitting in the sun, eating ice cream, digging in the garden or riding around with the ragtop down. Watching a beautiful bride get happily ever after married.

I don't think Spring is the time when you say "gosh, I want to be working longer and harder at work".  But that is what is happening.  Yesterday wasn't a "good day".  I was so mentally and physically stressed yesterday that I actually started to cry.  I stood there in the middle of the perennial yard (blue skies and sunshine) and wanted to just punch out and go home and crawl into bed and sob.  A few hours later, after lunch (Greek yogurt with protein powder), the right side of me was soaked to the skin from dripping hoses as I watered over my head.  It's bad when (cold) water runs into your bra. Then down your leg into your socks.

G took me out to dinner and I had the double beef brisket  and a DRINK.

Today I am teaching the Vegetable class.  I have salad and tuna mixed with canola mayo for lunch. And running out the door to work.  I have tissues in my pocket in case I start crying again.

2 comments:

dee said...

Hope today is a much better day. Can't they get you some other type of hose for watering? It sounds chilling to just read about it.

Sending some more sun your way. Sorry I haven't updated, I've been doing the investment stuff and banking. Nice to be able to do both but overwhelming.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Oh, gosh, I hope this was a better day. I HATE it when I feel so bad at work that a few tears fall, and I hate it for you, too.