Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another Example of Global Warming

Yesterday was something fantastic. Spring in January. And today is more of the same. Sunshine. Warm temps. Blue sky. The wind on my skin yesterday was warm and soft. Usually it's very cold and bites. Literally pricks at my skin.

Today's pictures are of my one orchid in bloom. One spike and then the other which is just beginning to open. Saturday I am going to the Orchid lecture at the greenhouse. I am going to listen and take notes. This is a subject I don't know enough about and I want to be able to help customers who have questions.

My quilts are in the background. G discovered yesterday that he has today and tomorrow off. Two days in a row. I was hoping for two days off in a row so he could get completely rested. G is very tired. He's now been working 13 months and it's a young person's world he is working in. And he may be young at heart but his body is 63. And he doesn't exercise. I think this is the main problem. No muscle reserve.

I think we will be going into Portland today. G mentioned the Apple store but I'm not all that interested in a new computer right now. The learning curve will frustrate me and with the diet already making me less than pleasant company,.......well, I think we'll wait a bit. We could go to the Art Supply. And I have to stop in at the two jobs I have written in my job search diary for this week.

I'm nearly finished with my fifth Wallander book. I skipped the White Lioness but may have to go back. I have Firewall and Fifth Woman on order. Mankell wrote nine books and then stopped writing about Wallander. The DVD had an interview with the author. He has gone on to write other books, one which Kenneth Branagh recommends, Depth. Right now I have to figure out which book is the ninth. Because of the translations and different imprints, the list of books in the front is different in each publisher's list. So confusing.

The sun is shining on the computer screen making it impossible to see what I am typing. I am impatient and nervous today. I woke up that way. Shaky. Agitated. I'm just going to get dressed and make a list of things to do and cross them off. Try and stay calm. I had trouble with Blogger this morning and I think I deleted a post by accident. I just need to remain calm. Breathe. This is new for you readers isn't it? It happens. It passes. Not a good day to drive a car, that's for sure. So I won't.

1 comment:

Diane N said...

Try the web site

www.inspector-wallander.org

On the left side is a chronological listing of the mysteries so you'll be able to see the proper order.

Despite the way you felt upon waking, I hope you have/had a good day.

Your orchids are gorgeous!