Thursday, September 10, 2009

Watching the grass grow

There are times when we must just watch the grass grow. While I wasn't paying attention this sick little ivy has sprouted so many new leaves. Today I will remember to bring home the systemic to help it recover even more leaves. I don't know what it's previous owner did or didn't do to injure it so, but I am giving it a second chance.

I found that I could do all those daily chores yesterday and still savor the day. On my walk with Riley I noticed all the grasshoppers (so many), the little caterpillar Riley was sniffing, and one lone RED Maple leaf which I placed in my pocket. I also waited while the dog smelled things--taking those moments to watch the blue September sky with the faint shadow of the moon riding high. My empty bowl was soon filled with beauty.

I ate food, yesterday, that had lots of bulk and fiber. Today I was rewarded with regularity. My "bowls" are now empty. LOL. The dog breeder always said the puppies needed to empty their bowls and finally I realized she wasn't talking about bowls. It still makes me laugh.

I am working in the afternoon today, leaving for work soon, and I will be working outside in the tree and shrub side of the business (where I can't find anything). I will TRY to be helpful for the sake of the customers. I did spend time learning to find arborvite on Tuesday. And blueberries and winterberry. I also found the viburnum. Now, I can only hope they weren't moved yesterday to a new place. And we have mums to sort and restock. And water. It'll be a good day. There is a Zen to the watering of shrubs and trees. The standing and waiting for them to get a good drink. And we may have some tomatoes to pick for lunch.

Watch the grass grow. Fill your bowl today with natural beauty.

No comments: