Friday, June 12, 2009

One Very Sad Doggie

Hard Rain. The pup does not like rain. He likes big puddles, swamps, rivers and the ocean. But not rain falling on his head from the sky (or even water from a hose). So he is rolled up in a ball over there on his bed, groaning and moaning, and every once in awhile he sits up to stare at the rain falling outside "his" window. And then he throws himself down on the bed again.

Boy, do I wish we could both just stay home today. Curled up in a warm bed.

My boy has returned to his home in California. We put him on the Logan airport bus yesterday afternoon and from there he had a flight to Los Angeles and then a short "hop" to San Jose. He was hoping to get home by 1 or 2 am today. It sure was nice having him with me for nearly 11 days. The longest visit ever. G and I both had to work so we didn't get to spend the entire day with him, but each of us tried to work less hours. I wish he lived closer but he has established good friendships out west and enjoys the Silicon Valley and all that techie stuff. We are "out of the loop" here in Maine. Not cutting edge at all. Well, we are on the edge of the continent.

I have to buy new pepper plants today. The deer ate the growth tip out of the peppers so they won't (can't) grow anymore. I need to start over. Some of the eggplant have growth tips so I will hope they can develop into full plants. If not, I get to buy eggplant at the grocery.

I am reading a detective mystery by Tana French, In The Woods. I am enjoying the style in which Tana French writes but the story is going nowhere and getting sort of boring. It's a story about something which sounded very interesting, but eventually has become not so interesting. The jacket cover says "with a story like a freight train" and they must have meant the trains that mosey across the road while you are sitting and waiting for all 6000 cars to get past so you can move on. I think she made a very clumsy plot mistake early on and I have a pretty good idea of "who did it" and why. But, actually, I don't even care.

I got two garlic olive rolls at Whole Foods yesterday, some fresh mozzarella and a container of basil pesto. That's my dinner tonight.

No comments: