Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Cold Rain

Here it is June 9th and we are in the midst of a week of 50 degree days and all day drizzle, rain and dark skies. June. And yesterday was sunny and 70. The doors to the greenhouse were open all day and the cold wet came in and surrounded us.

I almost went to work without a warm sweatshirt (borrowed from my husband). Thank goodness I returned to the house for it and my bright yellow rain jacket. By the time I had lunch, I was wishing for hot soup instead of a cold salad. So I made a single serving of French press coffee with the hot water from the coffee machine and the coffee I had tucked in the lunchroom freezer. It was fantastically delicious as only something warming can be on a bone chilling cold day.

In case you are curious, I didn't use the coffee machine coffee because it all expired in 2003.

My customers arrived this afternoon and picked up their 16 PINK window boxes ($592) and were very pleased. I tried for a variety of pink shades and a variety of leaf and flower sizes to make it interesting.

Pizza tonight. I think I'll look and see if there is any sausage in the freezer for the guy pizza and I know I have artichoke hearts for my pizza. Sounds yummy. I like getting home early. We have shorter work days and less of them now. Less customers. Less work.

I didn't actually ASK the Universe for help, yet, but the real estate agent called to say we already have a house viewing set up for tomorrow evening in Ohio. So I will be concentrating on positive thoughts and a quick sale to a buyer with a good credit score.

The guys are fussing with the wireless line. So I will quit while I still have the power to do so.

No comments: