Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday-The Day I Don't Walk The Dog

G finally has a day off and he will be walking the dog today. I can rest my left foot. I even got to sleep late today (10 am) and haven't finished my coffee yet. I was reading blogs. The dog usually sighs and sits patiently (for as long as he can) while I read blogs and type comments, and then he comes over and wedges his big head over my left typing hand and pushes until I get his message. Or he goes over and rings the bell we have on the back door.

The sun has been strong this past week, even though it's been very cold (yesterday it was 10 when we walked) and my winter tan is shaping up nicely. I look healthy with a tan and tired and old without one. Paste-y. I drag my cheap lawn chair on to the back "stoop" and settle in for a little sun while Riley digs holes all over the yard looking for buried treasure. There are times when only his butt and tail are still visible. I have to be out there with him when he digs. He's social.

We are having a new pizza (for us) tonight. Italian sausage, mushroom and onion with red pepper flakes. I think my pizza will be onion, green pepper and black olives. I could add bacon. I have bacon in the freezer now as part of the "well stocked freezer". Bacon was on sale (sort of) and I bought 2 pounds. I cut long strips of parchment paper and lay 3 strips of thick cut bacon on the paper and rolled it up and placed the rolls in freezer bags. Very convenient to just pull a roll of bacon out and use it for soup, carbonara or pizza. We're having Italian sausage because a nice package of two butcher shop links was in the "marked down meat" bin when I was in the grocery this week.

What I really want and crave is Nachos. And a Margarita.

I had a good hair day yesterday. Usually my hair has given me a "lunatic" sort of vibe this winter. Standing up and swirling around in crazy patterns. I lost my favorite hat from last winter and have been using a combo of wool and fleece to warm my head. This combo itches and makes my head too hot so I am forever pulling my hat off and putting it back on when my head starts to ice over. Where did my hat go? Probably fell out of my pocket one day last spring while I was digging around looking for a hankie.

Riley expects a treat every time I stop to dig in my pocket looking for that hankie. When I was in kindergarten my mom pinned the hankie to my slip. We had to have, and show, a fresh hankie in school every day. I usually lost mine if it wasn't pinned to my slip. And all notes from home to school or school to home were pinned to my slip. I was a real air head, I guess. My report cards always mentioned my complete lack of attention to what was being done at school. Earth to Joanne? And I didn't get high marks for "playing well with others". But, later, my excellent penmanship got me the honor of writing all the vocabulary lists on the blackboard in third or fourth grade. Perfect s's, r's and t's.

I just sprayed the house with a new bottle of Febreze and I'm not too excited about the smell. Woods and rainwater don't smell like this. I may have to open windows. I think the dog smell was better than this smell.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I agree - Fabreze, any type, has the most obnoxious smell.

I can sympathize about the hat hair,if I 'm having a good hair day I won't put a hat on and walk outside. I have unbehaving hair most of the time.

: )