Sunday, March 23, 2008

White Trash Ham

Easter dinner will be White Trash Ham. I found a whole and a half ham that were NOT sliced into a spiral yesterday. The whole ham, exactly like the half, was $1.99 a pound and the half was $.99. I got the half. And a 2 liter bottle of classic Coke. Then the ham was placed in this nice big pot with an onion studded with cloves. The Coke was poured over and the ham was simmered. The aroma is odd. But tasty. Sort of like a BBQ ham

We are also having Au Gratin Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, Steamed Brussels Sprouts, and Snowflake Rolls. For dessert New York Style Cheesecake and Raspberries from my 2007 garden.

I cleared off the dining room table, completely, and washed the surface with Murphy's Oil Soap. It smells very nice in here right now. All clean and soapy. I wanted to take a photo of the clean, bare surface so I would have some proof that it could be done. And, no, I don't know why all the words are underlined.

What's Good Today: sunshine, good food and family. Happy Easter, Everyone!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Happy Easter to you and your family!

We had that same ham too, except I did mine in the oven without the coke.

Had as guests, my daughter and son in law,step granddaughter and my brother, all have left now.I've cleaned up the kitchen,taken a walk and now I'm exhausted.

I think your tulips are saying I'm done, throw me out! Mine looked like that the other day and I bought another bunch.

Annie
: )