Thursday, March 20, 2008

Here We Go, Go, Go

I keep all my art supplies handy so if the mood strikes and I want to color with pencils or paint something--it's all handy. Yesterday I sorted through my ripped out magazine pictures file, yet again. There were recipes mixed in AGAIN! How does this keep happening?

Today is G's regular day off and we try to do interesting things and have lunch in a restaurant so it's "special". He walked the dog in the morning and after I had my shower and breakfast we set off with the errands list I had written last evening. First stop, library. To return books and pick up Mary Kay Andrews newest "Deep Dish". I just LOVE this author. In fact, when I was in Atlanta, Mary Kay was in a bookstore, where we were shopping, signing her new book.

Second stop: Consignment shop Estilo to pick up my Flax linen shirts that haven't sold. Size large and really a big shirt. There is a woman who usually buys them, loves them and is delighted with them, but she didn't come in. So I took them back home. Along with a Chico's tee with Chinese text printed on white. Very cute.

Third stop: Dropping off job application for me. Not saying ANYTHING on this blog about this or any future job. Not!

Fourth stop: Eyeglasses adjusted because of puppy bouncey-ness. I found some really RAD frames which I thought looked very HIP. But in order to insert my prescription I have to give up the reading section of the tri-focals. Or the mid section and just have bifocals. Who needs reading when it's all about "fashion"?

Fifth stop: Lunch at 111 Maine. I had the roasted vegetable and mozzarella focaccia and the corn chowder. G had the grilled philly cheese steak and corn chowder. We had coffee and G had Key Lime Pie with whipped cream. Not as fantastic as last week's apple pie.

Sixth stop: LL Bean. I got little black ballerina flats and Perfect cropped pants for summer dog walking. I have been buying Perfect Pants in size medium but had to buy a large in the cropped pants. Why they cut everything different is a continuing problem with shopping at Bean's. The new cropped poplin pants were sized small also--so a 14 with a gap in the waist was my best fitting choice even though the size 12 jeans are too big for me. If I keep them, and I won't know till they send them next week (they didn't have them in stock in the flagship store) I will need to have them altered to fix the waist. About 3 or 4 inches too much. The tee I bought to go with the pink pants may not match (!!) so next Thursday we may be returning everything I bought today. I had the same pink and blue pants last spring in size 18 (when I was wearing a 16 in every other brand). Perfect cropped pants in XL. Demoralizing.

We got home in time for Riley to eat his dinner (he goes on the car ride with us and naps whenever we are out of the car) and go for his afternoon walk in the rain with me. We got nice and wet. By the time we got back, G was sound asleep on the living room couch. Now he and the dog are BOTH sound asleep.

What's Good Today: Good lunch, good day and with the husband and dog asleep--I can either read or go sew blocks together.

What's Not: 97 gallons of heating oil for $375. One month of 62/64 degree heating of our house with a turndown temp of 60 degrees (50 in our bedroom zone) overnight. Hannaford (where I shop) losing all our credit card info to hackers and thieves. The stock market and our retirement investments.

1 comment:

gema said...

Hi Joanne, Happy First Day of Spring!
You have such an interesting post here but I'll comment later, I think. I am fasting so am being quiet and a little introspective, although with a full house on holiday, it is hard. See you later.