Monday, March 24, 2008

Blogger is Back

It wasn't blogger. It was my laptop. Yesterday my husband and daughter sat here fiddling with my little laptop and it was already a bit cranky. I re booted and everything should be okay now.

I did get comments that my pictures are HUGE and that I have too many pages running which can make for a slow load. I will work on those items. When I (daughter) changed my template in December I lost the neat ability to click on a picture and have it show up larger. Now if you click you get a picture big as the side of a barn. Not what I want or need. So I will see about fixing that. More likely, get someone else to fix it for me.

I ate the four leftover dinner rolls from yesterday's dinner. It was eat them or run them into the disposer and now that I give it serious thought--the disposer was a FAR BETTER CHOICE. I had decided when my last food diary was full, to stop writing down everything I eat. I thought I was ready to give up the diary. Nope. I have spent the past four days making some whoppers of diet mistakes. Eating stuff I would never have even been tempted to eat in the last 15 months. Completely OFF the rails as they say.

I also went to the grocery and the butter wasn't on sale today. So I had to buy full price butter, skimpy, small limes, no bananas, no grapefruit. Not my best day at the grocery. I did buy meat which is unusual. Pork Steaks. Lamb Chops. And Ground Beef. It's all in the freezer. I have no idea what to make for supper tonight. I'm full of yeast rolls and self loathing. (only kidding)

Riley gets home from Day Care at five and he and I will go for a 2 mile walk. It's sunny but cold here in Maine and G said we are having snow overnight Tuesday into Wednesday. Say it isn't so! I'm so VERY tired of winter. And my little sportscar is all salt encrusted and filthy.

What's Good Today: Sleeping in. Greek Salad for dinner with olives and feta. Sunshine even if it's cold.

What I'm Thinking About: Ways to make my too large linen shirts into smaller shirts I can wear. I have no dressmaker skills so this "idea" will have to be super easy, super simple. Wondering how many of you have laughed today? Out loud. I haven't yet.

2 comments:

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

Try resizing your photos before you upload them so that they are 600 pixels high or less. I think you have to have a file name that doesn't include any spaces....

Now I wish I knew why they won't enlarge on my own blog.

Unknown said...

I've never had any problem with your site loading - are "they" on dial up?

I hear you about the food diary. I've just gotten back on the wagon myself. This weekend I made rice krispy treats and I've nearly polished off the whole tray. NOT a good feeling! For me it's best not to have the stuff in the house.