Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Start With the Bathrooms

My horoscope for today said "make something beautiful--start with the bathrooms". This is my bathroom sink area. I have hated it for the entire 17 years I have lived here. Hate the tile counter top, the "shell" sink, the cheap faucets, the "brown" vanity. And I neglect it. So today, I didn't make it beautiful but it's clean. And that bar of white soap is moving to the kitchen sink because I'm going to wash my face with that golden bar of orange goodness over to the far left.


Opposite the sink is the tub. No shower. So I keep my orchids in the tub area. This is the yellow orchid and that is the largest of two flower spikes. I am very proud of the flowering of this orchid which came to me last spring with two full type written pages of care and feeding instructions. I sort of felt like it was a Master Gardener Graduate School Exam. Now if I could get the Clivia to flower. And the mystery plant. Sigh!

If I win the lottery, this whole bathroom will be in the dumpster the minute I cash the check. I want a huge tiled walk in shower. In my bathroom. Not down the hall. And I want two white bowls instead of sinks. And Waterworks faucets coming out of the wall above the bowls. And a heated stone floor. There would still be room for the yellow orchid near the window.

I'm ready to swing the sledgehammer.

Only one bitty problem. In the space where the shower should be--is the washer and dryer. And I can't think of anywhere else to put them. I thought about building out a closet in the smallest bedroom and putting them in there but my husband doesn't think future buyers would be happy with that while I don't think most would be wildly happy about a washer and dryer in the master bath. Even if they are stacked.

So where could I put the washer and dryer? Anyone out there have a unique location for the laundry pair?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What about the garage? It may not work for your cold climate unless your garage is insulated, but it is a very popular option elsewhere. Someday I would love to have a house with a laundry chute that goes from the master bedroom closet (or bathroom) right down to the laundry room. *sigh*