Friday, August 17, 2007

Today

Is he not the cutest dog evah?

G and I drove to New Hampshire for the World Quilt Show yesterday and it was okay. Each year it gets slightly less fabulous and slightly less attended. This year there were NO crowds. The traditional quilters were happy. Where's the art?

After the show we drove to Carrabas for our dinner. We had mussels in butter sauce with Pernod and good crusty bread. Salad. And I had a perfectly broiled tenderloin which was also perfectly seasoned. I chose both vegetables as side dishes but the grilled summer veg was spectacular. I even had dessert. (some of G's). The server said "boy, you both ate fast". Not a good comment to make. We didn't think we ate fast. We did make conversation.

Then home to pick up Riley from Doggie Day Care where he played with puppies from his litter and other started pups. The breeder will keep and train a puppy for the owner until the owner is ready to take the dog home. They have the complete obedience package. I have no idea how long the breeder will keep the pups but Riley's litter mates are 4.5 months old now. Riley was a started dog so he had some training before we got him. Yesterday the breeder worked on Riley's lack of interest in "walking". He likes to lay down in the road. Well. I don't know what she did to him--but he walks now. No pulling. Just walking. And mighty fast walking.

Riley went to sleep at 9 pm last night and we woke him up this morning at 8. Then he fell asleep again at 9. Doggie Day Care is some fabulous thing.

I picked cucumbers and green beans today and plan to have another Nicoise salad for dinner with tomatoes, green beans, half a potato, tuna, green pepper, olives and the hard boiled egg I got at the grocery salad bar. I wonder what one boiled egg costs? { 60 cents }

I also bought 2 melons and a pineapple to cube for the weekend. I am really excited about my diet again as I fit into size 14 pants now and it doesn't matter what brand. They all fit. And size large shirts. No more XL for this gal. I think we should schedule a parade.

I have stacks of plus size winter clothes to go to the resale shop in the next week or so. Plus size doesn't sell as well as 14,16,18. Six of the summer things sold and 10 items are still on sale. I get them back at the end. Fabric.

No comments: