Saturday, August 11, 2007

So What Have I Been Doing?

Riley is now Four Months old. He's been living here for 30 days. Seems like he's always been here. He is one very mellow dog.

I've been walking my 2 or 3 miles a day and eating my 1200 calories and going to work and trying to be nice to everyone (I was rude to one patron and got called on it) and I have actually read 3 books. And I may try to read another one.

I also unpiled the guest room bed--- took all the piles of "stuff" I stored on it off and now I have it stored on the vaccumed floor instead. Then I helped take the bed apart and my husband and daughter carried it out to the cart and tied it on and took it to Sam's house so she could move up to a real mattress and boxspring and not slats and a futon. She told the cats they now have a "grown-up" bed.

I picked cucumbers and green beans out of my weedy garden. No tomatoes. Sam gave me a big bagful of yellow summer squash which I fried with onion and it was delicious. Did I tell you this already?

I have NOT managed to get any fabric work done--other than loads of laundry-- and I am really sad about that. But I have been on puppy duty and have to do the "click and cheese" training for Obedience School each Wednesday. Riley has to keep his grades up. Next week he'll probably get a low grade as he refuses to even think about "go settle". I have my work cut out for me.

Riley found a dead squirrel hanging in an eye level bush yesterday. That section of the yard is now "the place" to go. I could have passed on that event as the crows had already found the body and removed the head. ICK doesn't begin to describe it. I could probably get Riley to "go settle" over by the dead squirrel but then I'd have to bring it to school to get him to do it for the teacher.

Manchester World Quilt Show on Thursday. Doggie Day Care for Riley. Dinner at Carraba's for G and me (we have dinner there and call it our Anniversary Dinner because we never have time to actually go out on the real anniversary date). We don't eat out on my birthday 3 days late either. What am I doing wrong?

1 comment:

His Office, My Studio said...

Riley is very cute! Glad you got a dog who fits in with the family.