Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday, May 23

From now on----well, today and maybe next week----I'll try a Wednesday post. Just normal, what's going on today stuff. I snagged the pretty kitty drawing from a five year old who came to the library for Kindergarten Screening. In my Town, not everyone who is five can go to school. I always have an image of screening my compost pile at this time of year. And the image of all the acorns, pine straw, rocks and sticks that accumulate on the top of the screen. And all the yummy compost and worms in the wheelbarrow under the screen. What would it be like for the five year old and mom to be left on top of the screen?

Today's breakfast was oatmeal without the usual splash of milk to loosen it up. No one here is drinking milk like they used to and even the smallest container--a quart-- spoiled. I guess I have to buy pints. Or "waste" calories drinking milk. My bone density was amazing and my height at 60 is the exact same as my height at 18. I drank milk and no soda through my youth and high school years. Coke was a Christmas Eve treat. The tiny bottle. One for each of us and one for Santa.

Watched Tom Selleck as Jesse Stone last night. My dad drank. So it was with a heavy heart that I watched Tom/Jesse drink his way through a whole evening. Every evening. And that poor dog had to watch him drink. It would be wonderful if something could make Tom/Jesse smile once in awhile.

I wanted Earl to win the million on Survivor and he did. I wanted Apolo to win Dancing With The Stars and when I tuned in at 11pm--he had the trophy in hand. No need to watch the whole 2 hour crap-a-thon. And in case you ask, I NEVER watch American Idol. Ick.

Top Chef is coming on again. I like that show. And the Closer starts next month. And Big Brother which I will watch *once* to see if I like the people. If not, I'll stop while ahead. I LOVED last summer's All Stars with Boogie and the Showmance (romance for show). LOL. G finally had enough 24 and I got to delete them from my TiVo line up, unwatched.

Johnny Depp and the Pirates are back! Number Three. Can't WAIT!!! Love Captain Jack!!!

Oh, G bought a scale and I broke down and weighed myself yesterday. I have finally broken 200 and now weigh 199.5. I've lost 38.5 pounds since the first Friday in January. I'm confessing to actually weighing that much, then and now, to be perfectly honest about this whole adventure. I know there are ways to do this "faster" as my friend is doing MediFast and lost 40 pounds in 6 weeks. But I'm actually trying to do something PERMANENT. This is the way I will be eating for the remaining 40 years of my life. Because I plan to have a birthday party in September, 2046 with 100 candles on the cake. I may allow myself a very small slice of cake and a big scoop of ice cream at that party. Don't worry, I'll blog it.

3 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

You are so thoughtful -- I really enjoy your posts. Thank you. I say that sincerely. Now, on to TV...

Are you watching The Lot? I think you'd like it. Jeff and I watched the premeire last night. Young directors competing for a job at DreamWorks. I like reality shows that show the creative process ala Runway, Top Chef, etc. (Even America's Next Top Model, I confess.)

dee said...

I like all your choices so much and can't wait to see the next Top Chef. I had lunch with my Library friend today-the newest thing in our impoverished community(hah)of yuplets is...dah, dah, dah-MP3 players already loaded with a book. My friend Terry just rolled her eyes and said something unprintable. People can't even remember to return the books and magazines and DVDs etc. They bought 20 of these MP3 things and we are now taking bets on how long they will last before they are assigned to the calculated losses for the budget. Boy I was really thinking about you-there is also a freak who doesn't wear underwear with his jogging shorts who drapes himself across a chair in the cafe aross from Terry daily. She has taken to wearing her sunglasses-I was crying, I laughed so hard.

dee said...

Lord, I forgot the most important part-Brave and wonderful you!!!What a great thing you've done for yourself. I'll be 60 a year from now and wonder if I can come to your party-I am down from 214 to 189....Let's hear it for the girls!!!!!!