Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Puppy Proofing

No pictures yet-- puppy comes to live with us on Thursday. I spent what was left of my evening getting every last thing off the floor in the room puppy will be playing/training/sleeping in for the next few weeks. G thinks (incorrectly) that he and puppy will watch tv together in the living room. Not happening! Puppy will be eating/playing/learning stuff in kitchen or outside smelling things/walking/going to the "spot" or in the kennel sleeping/chewing on toys/whining. No television.

In the event that G and puppy do go into to the living room (against my wishes), I have had to pack up and remove my Raggedy Ann collection, my stuffed bears, the Longaberger baskets, the basket of magazines, the quilts etc. All would be considered fair game as they look like toys and/or would be fun to chew. The foyer is PACKED with things to be taken up into the attic. Poor attic. It's already full of "stuff" and now more coming up. The ceiling will cave in! I will need to supervise as G carries it up and places everything just inside the doorway. I carry it all the way in and put it away. We still have the CD player, CD's, small decorative items and tons of pictures in frames to go upstairs. All these things are on the floor.

I also had to duct tape all the electrical cords up and out of the puppy's reach.

So tomorrow we carry everything up into the attic. Move the Target clearance table and chairs from the sunporch up into the attic so the puppy has a clear path from his kennel out into the garage and outside. I wrote several lines here that were not "positive" so have removed them and will now be thinking positive thoughts.

We have to discuss where the puppy's "spot" for elimination will be. As that will be the first thing to do when we drive into the driveway with the pup. Go to the "spot". I'll have the camera ready.

No comments: