Thursday, March 22, 2007

Meet The Puppy!

At 9:30 am today we became the proud (and nervous) owners of an 11 week old black lab. He had no idea he was going home with us until the last moment and he wasn't all that thrilled. In fact he howled, barked, whined and cried for most of the 45 minute ride, settling for the last 10 or 15 minutes. Oh, that was hard on us.

But it was worth it. He's been outside, inside and all about. And he knows where his potty spot is already and has waited by the door for us to put on shoes to take him out--then he runs right to it. His bowels are a bit loose today but it could be nerves. And he has gone into his kennel and put himself to bed for a long nap. Did I mention how very smart he is????

Here he is napping on the big dog bed. My daughter came to visit while I ran off to the grocery store and she got this picture and the next. She really knows how to take a great picture, Huh?

I think we'll keep him. And just for perspective, we have had two "clean-up on aisle five" as we like to call it. One while I was writing this. If a dog drinks water........

By the way, the puppy's name is Renegade and we'll be calling him Reny. Or pup. That's what the breeder called him and he got used to it. The house smells like dog already. I've been smelling "dog" everywhere for the past week. Like my nose was getting ready or something. I wonder what Reny plans to do tonight from midnight to 5:30 am (his regular wake up time at the kennel). I'm on "dog duty" all alone tomorrow. G is going to work.

8 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Oh I just LOVE him!

Deb R said...

Aaawww, he's adorable!!!

kathy said...

congratulations on the puppy AND the orchids!

dee said...

That is the sweetest pup I've seen in a while. Congrats. Hope you don't loose too much sleep. It sounds like he's got a good attitude about training and a couple of accidents are to be expected. Wow is he cute!

Unknown said...

Adorable, J! I know you'll love him. And look at those FEET! Our darling yellow Lab, Cody, will be 2 in August. He is a real dream. BTW, I recently read "Katz on Dogs" by Jon Katz. Fabulous read for any dog lover. Congrats!

PaMdora said...

ohhh, don't you just fall in love with those puppy eyes and puppy paws!

MariMo said...

Oh I cannot tell you how much I envy you. Deer in the garden, puppy in the house - yellow orchids.....

Beate Knappe said...

The puppy is so adorable and sweet, I love my Puppy too - I know how do You feel