Friday, February 02, 2007

28 Days

No pictures. It's been that kind of week. Lots of self doubt. Lots of poor food choices. I did find a book in the bookstore yesterday to help with "restaurant food" and I did better with that problem. Disaster on Monday. Good Choice on Thursday.

Been walking with my daughter on Tuesday and Thursday. She says it's 3 miles. But with company and lots to talk about--well, it feels like one mile. I've ALWAYS envied two people walking together. Thank you, Sam. We walk tomorrow if it doesn't snow heaps.

Been reading a Nutrition Book. I took my list of vitamins and RDA's to the grocery store with me trying to find a brand that matched up. In the end, I purchased One a Day for Over 50 and a box of Viactiv chews for the calcium. Caramel. The first one made me a bit queasy. And I don't think I need calcium but there are only 60 in the box and then I can stop.

Made my friend Monika's Linsensuppe. I did almost what she wrote in her recipe but I didn't cook it for 2 hours like she said. Smells fantastic. I have to run all the ingredients past the calculator and figure out the per cup. Had a whole wheat flatbread, veggie burger and lots of Romaine for a late lunch. I usually "skip" lunch and that's part of my problem here. So I bought things for "lunch".

Wally World for grapefruit. Got one yesterday and had it for breakfast. Delish! So I drove back out there to get 10 more. You really have to be excited by good tasting citrus. So often it's crap.

Also purchased spray starch for the "big day of ironing shirts". Either Saturday or Sunday. The guest bed is covered with piles of shirts. Good news is--my husband found red sweatshirts at Wally World and now he can wear those with a turtleneck. No ironing.

Fabric related news: I helped a friend thread a bobbin. I also have a half square triangle pair wedged under the presser foot of my machine with about a thousand feet of thread balled up in the seam allowance. I'm letting it have a "time out".

I was doing the "Happy Dance" yesterday. I got to wear, comfortably, a pair of sage green wide wale cordoroy pants that I haven't been able to wear in 5 or 6 YEARS!!!!! Love those pants.

No comments: