Friday, June 28, 2024

Summer Notes- 73 degrees and Sunshine...Library was good- using my new method... I got books.


 Green.   Pages are 12 by 9 wide.  I will down load a few more...

Slept with the window open last night...fresh air in the house.

Big Salad Days....romaine, cabbage, carrots, dressing.  I bought a very nice red bell pepper to add. I am planning to make Stanley Tucci's mother's simple pasta sauce. From the tv series (CNN). Rome.  It has carrots in it.   I made it once and fell in love....but then I was already in love with Stanley.  I have quite a few onions.....Need to think of a way to use and eat them.  Any suggestions?????

A new to me episode of Bones- I enjoyed it......two stations have about 20 episodes each today. 

I need to unpack my library  books.  Decide what to read...when...

I needed to sit down after wandering the stacks- I get dizzy in warm weather and my breakfast might have had too many carbs....an old neighbor  (next door to me) came and sat down and we had a chat....about getting older and where to live etc. And then my Lunch Buddy arrived and we talked about the newest neighbor's lack of lawn mowing....next door to second house on street for sale......Not a great look. Also lots of parked cars....N worried the drug dealer was back.... I said perhaps a family birthday party????

I also need to change clothes so I can finally plant my annuals in their big containers.....and then...each evening before dark wrap the two planters in netting so the deer do not eat everything......I wonder if I will find FAT BEES asleep under the netting each morning????  Last summer. I did.

I am having Keurig Coffee...pods...plus 10 ounces of water.  Still bitter but smoother..  But I can get used to it. I am thinking I can get used to almost anything.....these days. I had my tutorial.  I think 12 ounces of water will be the way to go.  Better than the instant I was drinking.

I am reading One of the Two books written by Lana Ferguson....in My Library System .....on the internet she has about 20 books...so I will be walking over to the local bookstore with a list in hand.....The Nanny. I snagged the other- Cul de Sac Wars.  No other library has any of the other books....  the Nanny is much better than the Cul de Sac Wars but both are fun.  Next up looking for books by Sariah Wilson.  The Seat Filler was great (one of my last interlibrary loans)....Paid Bridesmaid-- I think I've seen that one somewhere. Also the Chemistry of Love.  No good news as to when we can start ordering books via interlibrary loan......  Maybe by September????? October????

But why not buy locally????



No comments: