Friday, December 31, 2021

Daily Notes- December 31st- Street and driveway are wet but no snow or ice.


 My "inner child" is tempted by the tiny gingerbread cookie houses.  There was a "time" in my Life, when I would have made these cookie houses for a Social Tea Meeting at my house.  I was very social.  I loved putting together a party or a lunch or anything.  I had everything from cocktail glasses to champagne glasses to tea cups.  Plenty of tablecloths.  Cloth napkins.  Ah.  And I had friends.  Had.  Most of them have already passed on to the next Life.  I already feel like the Bus has left me behind.

There were days when I couldn't get my grocery shopping done for all the stopping to have conversations  with quilting friends, work friends, with greenhouse customers with just "a question".  Life was abundant.

This simple little cookie house balanced on the edge of a cup of tea...........it's like opening a door to the past.

I managed to feed myself yesterday.  The Crock Pot Pulled Pork was  (is..as there is so much in the fridge even using the tiny crock pot) delicious.  I ate it with pasta.  It was cold here in the house yesterday.  A green salad felt too chilly to me.  Husband continues to eat the prepared (by the grocery) Chicken Parm meals.  Which is pretty amazing and easy enough.

I, just now, realized I have brown felt and white embroidery floss.  I could make a few little houses- six- for a Christmas Tree.  If I managed to ever have a tree again.  I was reminded that I had wanted to make a new ornament in early December but couldn't think of one.  And here it is- on December 31st.

I am thinking a tallish, skinny tree.  With wide spaced branches.  So I could fill the branches with all the ornaments in the boxes.  Lots of lights.  2022.

3 comments:

DianeN said...

Make the little houses now. Take your time. Christmas 2022 will be here before you know it and I'm looking forward to seeing that tree.

Until then, Happy New Year!

beverly said...

I love those little houses. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Happy New Year. May your dream of a tall skinny tree come true!