Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Up One Pound After Eating Corn


Overnight weight gain is the usual  "reaction" but it can also be gut pain, itchy eyes, runny nose and other not so nice symptoms.  I gained a pound overnight.  Corn or those date/sunflower truffles.  I haven't eaten any of those little balls of processed dates and sunflower seeds in quite awhile.  Two weeks?  And I vaguely remember gaining weight last time (I have to go back and read my diet journal).  So--I will test corn again. The dates and sunflower seed things was from the Detox section of the Elimination Diet.  They were supposed to be safe food.  Stepping on the scale each morning--at times it's okay but when it goes up--I am sad the rest of the day.  I feel like a failure.

This is the madness in my non-scientific elimination/testing.  It's not as if I intentionally messed it up. I ate the little date/sunflower balls because I was hungry after watering the garden and they were supposedly "safe" food.  When I get hungry, I get dizzy.  And I was going to take a shower and didn't want to faint in the tub.  Purely preventative first aid.  Prior to the Elimination Diet--I would have had one or two large spoonfuls of peanut butter.  Jif extra crunchy.  Protein.  But now--I have no protein that is easily available to me.

I have a tray of cherry tomatoes roasting in the oven..  I have a counter full of zucchini ready to be sliced up for pickles.  And I need to collect and stir fry a big bunch of kale.  I also have the shredded zucchini ready to squeeze and fry into "fritters".  Vegetarian food is not high in protein.

I worked on my little 10x10- Crow Three Point Zero.  Couched some very thin slivers of black felt. with perle cotton threads in magenta, orange and lime. Today--after watering my garden and the Garden Box Tomatoes---I will rethread the sewing machine and stitch an design onto the pieced surface (mostly my painted fabric scraps) and then add the little black felt crow.

Simply Recipes (sidebar) has a very interesting lasagna today.  Lots of greens.  Basil pesto.  G wouldn't eat it but it may be a good choice for me to have on hand when I get "dizzy".  I think I have some basil pesto in the fridge.  All I need is the cheese and the fresh lasagna sheets from the grocery.
I can fry a big bunch of kale from the garden with garlic and red pepper flakes.  Could sub sliced zucchini for the noodles???  We'll see what I decide to do.

Now--onward to the watering.  The tomatoes smell like they are done roasting.


No comments: