Friday, August 26, 2016

Still August: New Chair Picture


I just love finding a new chair picture.  This one looks cozy--like a big yellow hug!  I wish it had a higher back so I could rest my head.  My head must be very heavy--my neck gets tired holding it up!

A sheet pan of tomatoes is roasting in the oven.  Cherry tomatoes.  I think, pretty soon, I will have all 102 tomatoes here in the house waiting for someone to eat them, roast them or ?????  I am trying not to have to compost them.  I am also bringing in the very last of the cucumbers and zucchini.  The plants got tired.  Which is okay with me. My favorite way of eating tomatoes--not possible now--was on white bread with heaps of mayo.  And with pasta.  Not possible unless I try brown rice pasta.

The zucchini butter recipe is the BEST!.  I am enjoying it on non-wheat toast or mixed into reheated white rice. Seems that the white rice is better for me than the brown.  How odd.

The grocery has chicken tenders (fried and breaded and sometimes with BBQ sauce) which I have been eating with no reaction (shocked!!).  I don't like meat as a rule --pot roast I love, sliced deli ham, and ground beef fried to cinders-- but anything "juicy" makes me gag.  Getting enough protein is a real problem.  No eggs or soy due to reactions. Anyway, I load up on the day old boxes of tenders and eat them cold with the rice and zucchini butter or with my "big salad" of romaine, carrots, red onion, red cabbage.  And of course, Smoothies.   I may need to make another 5 pounds of meatballs.  They were non-reactive.

And fruit.  Red plums and peaches right now.  My raspberry bushes are getting ready for the late September berries.  I see lots of little baby berries- still hard and very green.

I long for the old days of bran flakes and soy milk.  Of yogurt and fruit.  But I do not miss the pounds of inflammation.  I can almost always see the bones in my ankles now.

Well, I have things to do.  Wash in the washer.  Clothes in the dryer.  A wet, tired (from his walk in the woods) dog has pushed his way under the desk where I am sitting--so he will be "notified" of any movement on my part while he sleeps.  I will miss this when I return to work.

No comments: