Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Digging Out


Monday night we went to sleep listening to the wind howling.  Tuesday was quiet in the morning with a light, snow globe, snow coming down.  By late afternoon the snow was falling sideways and we couldn't see past the 2 or 3 foot area around the house.

We had no where to go.  Didn't need anything.  And Riley was refusing to eat or drink-- because he was also refusing to "need" to go out.  Around 5pm he decided he was hungry and ate his breakfast, then his dinner and jumped like a rabbit through the drifts and peed for what seemed like 5 minutes.
G thinks he may have done his other business on his second trip out.  Slept like a log after that. It's business as usual for Riley today.  And G used the snowblower to carve paths through the half acre yard so Riley can get around easily.  We should have known he would continue to snow surf and knock snow piles into the paths.

Another storm is coming on Friday.  Yippee!

I am working my way through bags of magazine tear-outs.  Things I ripped out of magazines before tucking them into the re-cycle box.  It's been years and about 75% of the pages are going into the recycle now.  I did find the foot image relating to reflexology.  It keeps me busy.

G and are are making some progress eating the "storm food" I had made before the storm hit.  Today I veered off course and had a bowl of Greek yogurt, a third cup of Bran Buds and some juicy red grapefruit segments.  Delicious.  The grapefruit segments always remind me of my old friend K (who cut me loose in the friendship department 4 or 5 years ago).  She liked grapefruit segments when we had a big Sunday breakfast.  I wish I could make her a big bowlful of segments.  I didn't know how to do it (cut segments) when we were friends.  And now--well, I wish I could.  For her.

I am reading Faithful Place by Tana French.  I am only reading it because I couldn't find anything else at the library.  Which reminds me to see what I have written down in my "library book" book and order some books.  I finished The Son by Jo Nesbo and gave it a B minus.

The third season of the Americans on FX starts tonight.  G and I are wondering if we should watch the episodes each week or save them up and binge watch them when the season ends.  Binge watching becomes a very strong habit--real fast.  How about you?

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Another storm? Love the picture at the top of your post. Those colors!