Thursday, May 29, 2014

What Is Real?

I found this quote on the GOOP blog and it is oddly comforting while actually disturbing.  I sometimes think things aren't really REAL.  But thought I was just being "crazy".

THE ILLUSION OF LIFE 
Quantum physics long ago determined that physical matter doesn’t really exist, that everything is just energy in different states of vibration. Nobel Prize winning physicist Werner Heisenberg once stated, "Atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities, rather than one of things or facts." This energy vibrates at an infinite number of subtle frequencies that cause it to appear as all the different creations we see in our world. There has been a great deal of research in recent years as to whether the universe we live in is actually a holographic experience, and it seems that this is very close to the truth. 

But what if this IS all a hologram?

If that's true then I should be able to "think" myself thin, grow better vegetables and always imagine the house clean and tidy.  Using those vibrating atoms.

What do you think?

Today was very busy at work.  I had to leave for 40 minutes to get my hair cut, rearrange the perennials, plant two containers for a customer who kept changing her mind (put the plants in, take the plants out) and the rest of the time I was out in the perennial yard which was nice-- the sun was shining.

A customer shared her knee surgery experiences--and I am about 80% wondering if I don't have the same thing (which requires surgery)  I don't know how to spell the name but the surgery is for torn tissue on the side of my knee.  It starts with a "mis".   Her left leg is swollen, she can't lift her leg (heel to butt) the same way I can't and she and I shared a good laugh about trying to put on and take off socks.  It isn't easy.  She is waiting for the swelling to go down before she can have an MRI and has this special tape around her knee to encourage the fluid back into the knee and not her leg. She had the right knee done last year.

G says I have to call the doctor for an appointment.  Now.

Update:  I have an appointment on Monday.  It's "meniscus" that the customer had.  Her's was torn. She fell and landed on her knee.  I never fell or had any injury so mine may just be bursitis of the knee.


1 comment:

Gale said...

Meniscus tear? maybe