Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ten Things Today


G finished the new gate for my vegetable garden.  I said I would take a picture of it.  It's very nice isn't it.  He designed and built it without any advice from me.  From tree branches he found on the property.


Last year's garden "experiment" worked like a charm so we are using the sunken pots to water the roots of almost all the plants in this year's garden.  A bit of dehydrated compost or manure in the bucket and fill it with water when you water the garden.  

Last year I also "mulched with landscape cloth (fuzzy side down) and it worked to heat up the soil for my peppers.  Now, I hope it works for the tomatoes.


Riley usually just sits and waits for us to be done in the garden.  but when we water, he likes to get "big drinks" from the hose.

Jeans that fit.  Remember I mentioned cutting the size tags out of clothes?  Well, I went a step farther and purchased 2 pair of jeans in a size I would rather not be.  Easy fit.  Stretchy.  Loose.  No binding.  I may never be the size I want to be--but while I am what I am--I want to be comfortable. this was not an easy decision.  But the right one.

Chicken tenders (2) and a large bowl of cucumber salad for breakfast.  It also felt right.

Planted all the bush beans,  four Purple tomatoes (I grew from seed) and four Siberian tomatoes, and the remainder of the orange peppers.  I had an empty bed and couldn't bear to throw them away.

Made pie crust and a Rhubarb Pie.

Had a Margarita with dinner at the local BBQ place.

Clean bed sheets tonight.  All the floral Ralph Lauren ones.  Nothing matches.  Love it.  Like a garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog when you are happy!

dee said...

Love the little looks into your garden. Yesterdays pink bubblegum petunias made me happy just looking at them. Hope to find some around here.
The garden gates are wonderful. Very artistic looking.
Glad you're happy...

Annie said...

Oooh, rhubarb pie, I remember my grandmother's, yum!
Riley is so cute getting his drink of water, and I like that garden gate, tell G he is clever. : )