Thursday, May 20, 2010

White Orchid in Bloom

This was one of those bargain "not in bloom" orchids that I bought last winter. It had potential, as in a spike or two that would eventually make flowers. Exuberantly. I hadn't wanted a white orchid, but now that I do, I like it.

Yesterday we had a break from the record shattering heat for the months of April and May. People. It has not been like this since the 1890's or something. The weather is not just nice, it's freaky nice. Yesterday it was normal. 48 and raining. Which was good. The gardens needed rain for a solid 24 hours. Everything looks so nice and green and healthy right now.

I just repotted my tomato starts for the second time. Some are now over 18 inches tall and in one gallon pots. Some are still tiny but now they have room to wiggle their roots. I have Sun Gold, Sun Sugar, Sweet Cluster and Celebrity. If you lived closer, I would be giving you a couple of each for your garden. A 9 or 12 pack costs me $2.74. A single costs me $1.10. Which would you buy if you needed 3 or 4 of each variety?

I need to write checks for a couple of monthly bills. Pack my lunch. Drink my coffee. Chat with G for a little while (his day off). I already have a load of white laundry in the washer and need to move it to the dryer and start the dark load of wash. Look at me multi tasking! And it's not even 9 am.

I have two library books which will probably be returned to the library unread. I can't seem to find time to sit and just read a book. Or make any art. My brain is fatigued.

Today is supposed to be sunny and near 80. A stinking hot day in the greenhouse. I hope we have enough people coming to work today so I can spend the day in the perennial yard. It needs a good straightening. And I need to crawl around and see what's hidden under the tables. Make a good reorder. Answer questions. Earn my paycheck.

I tried the Chobani plain nonfat Greek yogurt. Very thick, sour, filling. Even with raspberries it was very sour. I ate some almonds mid morning and don't know if it was the almonds or the yogurt, but one of them made me gassy. TMI? Anyway, I'm back to salad today.

2 comments:

dee said...

Toot Toot!
You always manage to make me smile. I tried the yogurt too. I reminds me of the stuff my Oma used to make overnight in the warmth of the oven. I loved it back them but I would have to get used to this stuff again. We get so used to the sweet stuff. Almonds do the same thing to me. Not so with other nuts.

Unknown said...

Try the Chobani vanilla. It's harder to find (at least for me), but it is lower in sugar than most flavored yogurts and has a nice, pleasant taste.