Sunday, February 28, 2010

Guess What Happened Last Night?

It snowed! And snowed! A winter wonderland. I took this picture last night when I let the dog out. It was much prettier with the security lights illuminating the build up of snow on all the branches of the oak tree. I didn't know the tree had that many branches. My vegetable garden is the fenced area to the rear of the picture. And I used just about all the effects in IPhoto. Fun.

Yesterday was long. There were two classes being presented by others and I had wanted to listen. But customers came in for repots and other things and I missed both. And I found out I am doing the seed starting class next Saturday. Should be interesting. We tried to order take out for lunch but the place we called couldn't deliver. The driver didn't come to work. Still large pockets of town without power. So many trees just fell over and lay in the yards with the entire root system exposed. Incredible. To see, first of all, and because they didn't hit the houses or anything else. My yard has lots of drooping trees especially around the vernal pond.

Norway couldn't beat Canada. The Norwegian skip was certainly handsome. And gracious.
When it was evident Canada was going to win, he smiled and joyfully congratulated the Canadians. Someone in the Canadian audience had sounded a loud horn on two important releases for the Norway skip, which led to bad shots. Terribly rude. Not typical of Canadians. And still the Norwegian skip was happy and gracious in defeat.

It's end of the month, G will be working late into the night and Riley and I will be home reading. Nothing I want to watch on television. PBS isn't interesting. And the Olympic Closing Ceremonies? Yawn.

Oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. Coffee. My journal. Some laundry. Nothing else.

1 comment:

Diane N said...

The photo you've posted with today's blog is really a good one and very dramatic. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Here's hoping you are having or have had a good day.